Suspension training is relatively new in the world of personal fitness. It was the brainchild of a Navy Seal who was committed to improving the overall fitness of those around him. Now, suspension training has become so common that you will be hard-pressed to find a commercial gym or a training studio that does not include it.
As people start to see the benefits of suspension training, they are beginning to incorporate it and the needed equipment into their home workout routine. People are fascinated by the way that incorporating their core into every single movement goes a long way in improving their overall strength, balance, and endurance.
If you are thinking about investing in suspension training equipment, you will be able to take advantage of more than 300 body weight exercises. You will not need weights or bulky equipment.
By means of this guide, we have done a lot of the investigation for you. We are going to break things down for you in to three categories. The first category is what we consider to be the overall best suspension trainer. Next, we are going to discuss our premium product. And, finally, we are going to show you a good product that you can get if you are on a budget.
- 1 Our Best Pick: TRX Training Suspension Trainer Home Gym
- 2 Premium Choice: Primal 7
- 3 Our Budget Pick: NOSSK HOME Suspension Bodyweight Fitness Trainer
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Our Best Pick: TRX Training Suspension Trainer Home Gym
- Versatile: Works for strength training and works for cardio.
- Effective: You will be able to use your body weight to develop strength and endurance. You can use this system with other weights and tools, but it is effective when used alone.
- Easy to Use: Even if this is your first time using a suspension trainer, you will quickly be able to get into the swing of things. It offers the challenging exercise routine experienced suspension trainers want while at the same time being just what beginners need to get started.
- Price: For a lot less than what you would pay for other home gym systems, the TRX Training Suspension Trainer Home Gym allows you to enjoy a full body workout regardless of your fitness level. It is portable, so you can take it with you when you travel and continue with your fitness routine uninterrupted.
- Does not provide the same level of resistance as using heavier free weights
Are you looking to develop muscle mass and improve your overall strength in a safe way? If so, the TRX is the right solution for you. Many users have effectively employed this workout device to increase their endurance as well as improve the benefits they get from their cardio routines. It allows a person to do a lot of exercises without requiring them to give up much space.
The effectiveness of this product is seen in the fact that a number of professional athletes use it. Many trainers use the TRX system to help their clients look and feel their best.
The TRX Suspension Trainer Home Gym comes with a door anchor and a suspension anchor, making it possible for you to hang it off of poles, hooks, or anything else that can support your body weight. This means that you are able to carry out your full workout routine in just about any environment.
When you purchase the TRX package, you will also get an app that you can use on your smart device. The app includes all of the information you’re going to need about the product as well as a number of exercises that you can perform. The six modular workouts included on the app will help you to reach your fitness goals faster.
The TRX Suspension Trainer is easy to set up. You don’t need anything special in order to do the workout.
If you’re looking for equipment that allows you to improve your fitness in a safe and quick way, the TRX suspension trainer is right for you. Its portability means that wherever you go, your workout goes with you.
Premium Choice: Primal 7
- Build Strength Safely: The Primal 7 suspension training system allows people to build strength by giving them the support needed to do exercises like squats and push-ups, even if they’ve never done them before.
- Relieve Pain during Exercise: The Primal 7 suspension training system allows individuals who have injuries to continue to train. The support that the system provides minimizes pressure on the joints. This leads to an improved range of motion, improved circulation, and less pain throughout the workout.
- Improve Self-Esteem: The added support you receive during the workout makes you feel capable and competent. You won’t second-guess your abilities because you do not have to fear that you’re going to fail. You are able to tailor your suspension training to meet your current needs.
- Safety: This system is designed to support your body as you go through your suspension training. You are going to feel safe regardless of where you are and regardless of how much strength you currently have. The creators of Primal 7 believe that fitness does not mean “No pain, no gain.” They believe that fitness should be simple and safe and not overly complicated.
- Installation: Although the product promises easy installation, many people may need to review the videos and guides a number of times before they figure out how to safely install the product.
|1||INTENT SPORTS Bodyweight Fitness Resistance Trainer Kit with Pro Straps for Door Pull up Bar, Anchor...||348 Reviews||$44.97||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Bodyweight Resistance Training Straps, JDDZ Complete Home Gym Fitness Trainer kit for Full-Body...||195 Reviews||$48.59||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Vulken Suspension Trainer, CoreSlings Basic Home Suspension Training Kit Full Body Workouts for Your...||9 Reviews||$35.99||Buy on Amazon|
The idea behind Primal 7 is that on its own exercise can be challenging, especially for people who are just getting started, those who are up in years, those who are fighting through pain and need knee support, or those who have excess weight that is holding them down.
This product is perfect for individuals who have had trouble with exercise because of being uncoordinated or those who fear that doing exercises will lead to injury. One of the highlights of this program is the pack and go system. The carrying bag allows you to take the system with you wherever you need to go.
There are a number of how-to videos that explain in detail how to use the system to add resistance and provide support during your workout routine. Your confidence in yourself is going to grow as you are able to do push-ups, pull-ups, squats, and exercises that you thought were impossible.
Physical therapists use the Primal 7 training program to help their patients get back to full function. You will like how heavy duty and sturdy the product feels. The performance bands come in three different ratings. There are P1, P2, and P3. They are designed to support between 175 pounds and 400 pounds. This system is giving people who are out of shape or older a chance to work out at home.
Primal 7 is a must-have tool for anyone looking to get the most out of their body weight exercises. Injured individuals, individuals who are overweight, and those who are out of shape will benefit from this form of suspension training. They will feel safe and will see results that they can be happy with.
Our Budget Pick: NOSSK HOME Suspension Bodyweight Fitness Trainer
- Durable: Every part of this suspension trainer screams durability. When you look at the straps, you see that they are made of a very thick webbing. The buckles that you use are reliable, and the handles are made of a durable nylon. You will not fear that the handles, the buckles, or the straps are going to break under your weight, even if you are doing vigorous exercises.
- Exercise Guide: The full-color exercise guide that is included makes it easy for you to identify the exercises that are right for you. You don’t need to guess, and you don’t need to go online and try to figure out how the system works. Out of the box, it is ready to go, and you can start making your fitness goals a reality.
- Easy to Use: The system sets up in just a few seconds. You can easily change and control the strap length to accommodate the workout you are going to do.
- No DVD: As much as we appreciate the exercise guide, it is nice to have a DVD where life models show you how to perform different exercises as well as provide you with different tips.
- A Lack of Accessories: This is a versatile system, but since it is our budget pick, it’s not going to have a lot of the accessories or the bells and whistles that you are going to get with some of the more expensive models. It is definitely an inexpensive way for you to get into suspension training. However, as your skill level increases, you are likely going to want to purchase something that is a little bit more complete.
- Only for Indoor Use
- Cannot Be Mounted on the Wall
The NOSSK HOME Suspension fitness trainer is made with high quality first-grade US military webbing. The product is made in the United States. It is extremely lightweight and compact. Safety and comfort are reflected in every aspect of this product’s manufacturing. You will see that the handles as well as the foot loops are comfortable. You will have all of the tools needed to perform essential strength training exercises with this product.
Part of the product’s versatility comes from its portability. No matter if you are at home, at the gym, or in a hotel, you can easily set up the NOSSK HOME Suspension wherever you are. The two buckles make it easy to adjust the height of the trainer. It’s made to support people who weigh up to 300 pounds.
In this price range, this is the best suspension trainer you can purchase. You will get the benefits of handles and foot loops. This means that you don’t have to spend so much time thinking about how you are going to do certain exercises, and you can just get straight to work. Although the product is designed to work indoors, it does not mean that it will not do the trick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is suspension training effective?
A: There was a study that was commissioned by the American Council on Exercise. The study included 16 healthy men and women. They ranged from 21 to 71 years of age. The goal was to examine the long-term effects of suspension training. Prior to beginning the program, a number of physical fitness markers were set for each individual. Then the participants did suspension training three times a week for eight weeks.
It was found that people burned around 400 calories per session. There was a decrease in their waist circumference. Their body fat percentage also dropped. They enjoyed improvements in muscle strength and endurance. They were also able to perform bench presses, curls, and push-ups.
Q: Is suspension training better for cardio or for strength?
A: A 35 minute session of suspension training at high intensity intervals is beneficial for strength and for cardio. It can help you lose fat and hone your entire body. It is optimal for all fitness levels.
Q: Is suspension training safe?
A: As with all forms of exercise, it is best to consult with your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Suspension training can be safer than other forms of training because the suspension trainer allows for free mobility. There is no fixed motion when working out. So your joints can move according to their natural path.
Q: Can suspension training be used during rehabilitation or physical therapy?
A: Many physical therapists use suspension training to help their patients recover from injuries. Suspension training is beneficial because it is easy to adjust resistance, adjust for limited functionality, and use a person’s body weight during the exercises.