If you are training or competing in MMA, then you’re well aware that there is a lot of stuff that you will need to carry around with you. Whenever you go to practice, you’ll need to make sure that you have all of your gear that you need for that day, so you need the best MMA BJJ gear that you can afford. Based on our research, the first model that you ought to consider is the Meister MMA Vented Convertible Duffel/Backpack Bag. This customizable unit works even if you have to travel by plane. It can be turned into a backpack within seconds and the shoulder straps that it is outfitted with can be tucked away into the hidden pockets. If this particular products is no longer available, we would suggest you check out our next favorite choice, the TATAMI Gear Bag.
|1||Meister Vented Convertible Duffel/Backpack Gym Bag - Ideal Carry-On - Red||22 Reviews||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Venum Trainer Lite Sport Bag, One Size, Black/Black||599 Reviews||$49.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Hayabusa Ryoko Mesh Gear Bag - Black/Grey, 70L||71 Reviews||$79.00||Buy on Amazon|
- Best MMA BJJ Gear Bags [Reviews] – Our Favorites
- 1. Meister MMA Vented Convertible Duffel/Backpack Bag
- 2. TATAMI Gear Bag
- 3. UNK Martial Arts Deluxe Equipment Bag
- 4. Elite Sports Warrior Boxing MMA BJJ Gear Bag
- 5. Meister Breathable Chain Mesh Duffel Gym Bag
- 6. Venum Trainer Lite Sport Bag
Best MMA BJJ Gear Bags [Reviews] – Our Favorites
Your gear should include any or all of your shin pads, mouth guard, MMA gloves, boxing or muay thai gloves, hand wraps, MMA shorts, ankle wraps, compression shorts, spats, BJJ or judo gi, rashguards, supplements, head gear, and also a change of clothes (and maybe even more). Have a look at the bags listed below as they have received quite a bit of appreciation.
1. Meister MMA Vented Convertible Duffel/Backpack Bag
With the Meister MMA alternative, you can conveniently carry all of your gear. The bag is the perfect size for training at the gym and it has the maximum dimensions allowed on an airplane. Furthermore, it can be converted from a duffel bag to a backpack in just several seconds as you can comfortable tuck away the shoulder straps in the hidden pockets that the item is equipped with.
On top of everything, you might want to know that the Meister MMA option is outfitted with breathable mesh panels on both of its sides, so that means that even if you store your sweaty clothing in it, they won’t stay wet until you get back home. The panels ensure air flow throughout the whole bag.
What about smaller storage? Well, this particular bag comes with as many three side pockets of different sizes where you can store your accessories. The bag measures 26 by 12 by 12 inches.
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Check it out” url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BMYZP2U/?tag=deeuscombatsports-20″ window=”new” nofollow=”true”]
2. TATAMI Gear Bag
Similarly to some of the other items that we will showcase here, the TATAMI choice is a convertible MMA and BJJ gear bag. You can carry your Jiu-Jitsu gear to and from the gym without any hassle whatsoever, and the best thing about it is that it comes with more than enough room for the purpose.
Additionally, the bag is outfitted with quality zippers and stitching, so it is undoubtedly made to last over time. If you find it somewhat uncomfortable or inconvenient to carry it in your hand, you can simply turn it into a backpack in a timely fashion.
Another aspect you might want to be aware of is that this one comes with mesh panels on both of its sides, and this feature ensures plenty of breathability. Based on the reviews acquired by this product, it seems that it gets the job done precisely how it is supposed to. Customers describe it as large, strong, and nice quality.
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Check it out” url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GGRN8TG/?tag=deeuscombatsports-20″ window=”new” nofollow=”true”]
3. UNK Martial Arts Deluxe Equipment Bag
One of the neatest things about this unit is that it is quite budget-friendly, which means that you don’t have to break the bank to purchase it. It is sizable and convenient as it measures 13 by 27 by 14 inches. The large zippered area that can be found in the front is made intelligently so that it can even hold a chest/guard.
We would also like to note that the UNK choice comes with a double zippered cover. There’s also an extra amount of mesh fabric on the top and it can definitely make the difference when it comes to ventilating the interior of the bag.
Some of those that took the time to review the product say that it is a great size as it fits their gis. Based on the feedback it has received, it seems to be great quality and it also has a lot of space inside. For example, you can carry sparring headgear, gloves, shoes, a mouthguard, as well as two different uniforms and a variety of other extras.
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Check it out” url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S45ICA8/?tag=deeuscombatsports-20″ window=”new” nofollow=”true”]
4. Elite Sports Warrior Boxing MMA BJJ Gear Bag
What sets this model apart from the rest is the fact that it is equipped with a unique shoe compartment. With the help of this particular bag, you can carry your equipment conveniently and easily as it can fit anything from your gis to gloves, shorts, and the variety of your other accessories.
There’s even a waterproof water bottle pocket that can prevent any leaks. Therefore, you can rest assured that you’ll remain hydrated whether you’re on the road or just in the gym. In addition to everything, the item is outfitted with a mesh compartment which can ensure ventilation of your dirty or wet gear.
The construction of the Elite Sports option is another detail worth taking into account. It is made of heavy-duty cordura, which is basically high-grade ballistic 1200 denier. That means that this bag has a good chance of standing the test of time as it is strong, durable, and quite resistant. You won’t need to replace your MMA bag ahead of time if you choose this one.
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Check it out” url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4F05KI/?tag=deeuscombatsports-20″ window=”new” nofollow=”true”]
5. Meister Breathable Chain Mesh Duffel Gym Bag
This extra-large duffel bag measures 28 by 15 by 15 inches, so you can undoubtedly use it for all your gear. It is outfitted with super-strong chain mesh that allows your equipment to benefit from an adequate amount of air flow. Another aspect you might want to know about is that this item weighs in at just 1.4 pounds, so it’s also lightweight.
While regular gym bags typically retain some of the odors from your gear or clothes, that won’t happen with this particular one thanks to its mesh sections. The bag is porous and allows the interior to breathe properly while letting the air get in and out. In spite of the mesh, it is not see-through, so no one will see what you carry inside.
There are two zippered pockets on the side made specifically for your personal items. Moreover, the bag is equipped with rugged handles that are stitched around the entire bag to give it the right amount of support and shape.
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Check it out” url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00POB398K/?tag=deeuscombatsports-20″ window=”new” nofollow=”true”]
6. Venum Trainer Lite Sport Bag
If you have nothing against spending a little more on a durable and convenient MMA bag, be sure to check out the specs of Venum’s option. It boasts a sizable main pocket that’s able to receive your gloves or your shin guards. Additionally, the item is outfitted with separate side pockets for storing your smaller personal belongings.
Since breathability also matters when it comes to choosing a good MMA BJJ gear bag, you should know that this one comes with mesh panels. Its shoulder strap is adjustable, and best of all, padded. The bag weighs in at 3 pounds, so it is slightly heavier compared to some of the other models we’ve described here.
It measures 24.8 by 11.8 by 11.8 inches, so the size should be sufficient for storing most of your gear. Some of those that have given it a shot say that it is well constructed and roomy enough to carry your gi, towel, and many other things.
[maxbutton id=”1″ text=”Check it out” url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07733NT3M/?tag=deeuscombatsports-20″ window=”new” nofollow=”true”]
Some days you might feel like training two or three sessions at your gym, which means that you could need your gear for MMA, a grappling session and a stand up session. It is almost impossible to just throw all of these things in your car and expect to show up at your gym and carry them in by hand unless you have 15 hands.
It’s also a bit difficult to put all of your gear into a regular backpack or duffel bag. Neither of these bags are made to carry that specific gear, so you could have problems getting it all to fit inside. Instead you want to get a bag that is specifically made to fit fighting gear. Your bag will be used every day, so it should be durable and have enough compartments to fit your equipment, a change of clothes, a towel and any other extra things you may need.
When you’re choosing which bag to buy, you will need to think about what you will often need on a regular day. If your typical day includes training bjj, muay thai and MMA, then you should purchase a duffel bag with compartments that are big enough to hold all of your pads and gloves. However, if you often just train bjj or only one session a day, then you can probably get away with a backpack-style bag, but one that still has places to hold your pads and gloves.
There are a few other things you should think about when buying a bag to hold all of your gear. You don’t want to just buy the first bag you like and find out later that it hurts your back and shoulders when it is full or it starts to smell only two days after you use it. Shop around to find the right bag for what you need.
A Couple of Reasons Why a Training Bag is a Must
- They smell. You don’t want your regular clothes/items to put in the same bag.
- You might go to train BJJ and then decide…$#@ it… I’m gonna do some standup sparring too.
- You won’t misplace your gear and have everything in one safe place.
- Can put academy stickers on it. 😉
How to Get Nasty Smells Out of Your Gym Bag
Often times after a few months our bags smell disgusting. This is common and I’ve definitely been guilty of this before. I’ve even left a banana or two or some other food item, thinking “I’ll eat it later” and totally forgotten about it.
Here are some tips to keep your bag smelling fresh and clean.
Things to consider when buying an MMA or BJJ Gear Bag
- Size – The internal size of your bag is probably the most important thing you’ll need to think about. If you need a bag to carry a lot of things, then you need to get a bag that allows that. You also should make sure your bag has separate compartments for specific things. Most gear bags will have a special pocket for your mouthguard which keeps it easily accessible and away from your dirty clothes. You should have enough compartments and space to keep your pads from getting smashed and ruined and your clean clothes separated from your dirty, wet clothes. If you get a duffle bag style or a backpack style will be determined by your own personal preference
- Breathability – Your gear bag will be full of sweaty equipment, and it won’t be long before your bag starts to stink if it doesn’t have good breathability. Even if you only put your things in your bag for a short time before removing them, you’ll still have sweat and dirt residue on the inside. Getting a bag that is lined with plastic or doesn’t allow good airflow means that your bag will start to grow mold that could ruin your equipment, and it will smell. You don’t want to offend your teammates or embarrass yourself with a rank gear bag.
- Durability – If you train everyday, then you will use your gear bag every day. It can be packed full, ripped open, thrown around and be full of wet things. Any of these can easily cause damage to a regular bag, so you should make sure that you’re buying a strong product that can withstand a bit of roughness. A cheaper bag will have poor stitching and can rip apart when overloaded or mishandled. A stronger, better stitched bag might cost you a bit more, but it will also last longer.
- Price– The price of your bag is determined by the quality of the materials, the size of the bag, the brand of the bag and the style. If you want a flashy, huge gear bag that will last you for years, then you should expect to pay for it. However, if you are training for years and you like it, then go ahead. It will serve you well. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, you could end up with a cheap bag that will fall apart after a few weeks, but if you’re not very serious about the sport and are just training for fun every once in awhile, then you might not need anything too special.
Finding the right MMA gear bag can be difficult. There are a lot of brands on the market and a lot of different styles, so you’ll have to check inside and out to see that you like what you are buying. We reviewed some of our favorites to help you out. These are our best MMA gear bags on the market.
Our Final Thoughts of Finding a Great Training Bag for Martial Arts
It will be impossible for you to come prepared to your training sessions or competitions without a proper gear bag. You shouldn’t rely on a cheap backpack or duffle bag to carry your things if you want your equipment to last you. If you throw your things in a bag that doesn’t allow everything to fit properly, you could end up with damaged equipment, missing things and smelly gear.
When you’re choosing your bag, make sure you get one that is the right size for you. If you have a lot of equipment for your training, then grab a bigger duffle bag. If you can get by with a backpack and prefer the weight and price of one, then get that instead. Make sure your bag is durable and breathable so you don’t end up with a broken bag or one that offends your entire gym with how bad it smells. Also, you want to get a bag within your price range.
Having the right bag can keep you organized and calm when you go to practice so you can focus more on your training and less on where you put that other handwrap…