If you have been searching for the best boxing gloves for the money and you weren’t able to find the perfect pair for your needs and preferences, it’s a good thing you’re reading this article. We did a lot of research on this topic and eventually, we came to the conclusion that the Venum Contender Gloves are the first that you ought to consider. They are comfortable, easy to put on and take off, and they are also crafted from durable material, making them capable of standing the test of time. If the Venum gloves are no longer available, check out the Hayabusa Ikusa Charged Gloves, instead.
|1||Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves - Black/Red, 16oz||577 Reviews||$129.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Venum Elite Boxing Gloves, Black, 16 oz||1,606 Reviews||$77.82||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Everlast Elite Pro Style Training Gloves, Black, 16 oz||1,002 Reviews||$29.85||Buy on Amazon|
- 1 Best Boxing Gloves (Reviews)
- 2 Boxing Gloves Buying Guide
- 3 Top Boxing Gloves Brands
Best Boxing Gloves (Reviews)
1. Venum Contender Gloves (Best Value)
The Venum Contender Gloves are one such product and it’s no wonder why they are our top pick. These gloves are designed very well. It has great features and the performance and durability of this pair of gloves are second to none. If you are looking some great product that you can use for a long time, then these gloves are a great choice.
With great value, the Venum Contender gloves are an ideal pick for the beginners and casual trainers. If you are someone who wants a little bit of variety in his/her glove colors, then this brand provides some really amazing choices. This pair of boxing gloves also comes in different sizes.
- Made of high-quality synthetic leather.
- Comes with a large Velcro.
- The padding is multi-density foam.
- Full attached thumb.
- Curved anatomical shape.
- Available in different sizes and different colors.
- Very versatile pair of gloves
- Ensures proper striking technique
- Ideal for boxing and fitness boxing practitioners
- The premium synthetic leather increases the durability.
- The multi-density foam gives excellent shock absorption and protects your hands.
- The large Velcro enclosure ensures a secure fit and gives immense wrist support for training sessions.
- Very good for heavy bag training, sparring, mitt work or fitness.
Here is a table that shows the size chart for the Venum Contender Boxing gloves.
Size Chart Boxing Gloves
Glove Size Ideal Weight
Under 101 pounds
101 – 120 pounds
14 oz. 151 – 180 pounds
181 pounds and above
2. Hayabusa Ikusa Charged Gloves 16 oz.
If you want the perfect sparring glove, then the Hayabusa Ikusa Charged Gloves are the ones for you. With their patented construction, they are very well designed gloves, which give you maximum striking power. They also provide extremely good hand and ligament protection.
- Superior construction
- Has advanced moisture wicking feature.
- Made of engineered leather.
- Comes with an inner lining that provides superior feel and gives a perfect fit.
- Ideal for sparring
- Gives the ultimate hand and ligament protection
- Very superior in terms of performance and protection that they offer.
- It promotes zero shifting
- Hands are dry to the advanced moisture wicking.
- They are a bulky pair of gloves.
- They are less flexible at times.
3. Hayabusa Sport 12oz. Training Gloves
If you want soft gloves that are well ventilated, then the Hayabusa Sport 12oz. Training Gloves make for an ideal choice. Developed with an ultra-soft, breathable inner lining, these gloves keep you cool and dry at all times. They have an adjustable strap system with a hook & loop elastic strap. This ensures that the wrist is fully secured. The system also makes sure that the gloves are easy and uncomplicated to wear and take out.
- Equipped with triple-layered foam padding
- Adjustable, hook & loop elastic strap system
- Adjustable and elastic wrist wrap strap
- Breathable inner lining
- Superior design.
- Improves striking strength, speed, and stamina
- Comfortable fit
- Very soft and breathable inner lining makes hand stay dry
- Great for beginners
- They are an ideal fit for small hands.
- Not for professionals.
4. Hayabusa Sport 10oz. Training Gloves
The Hayabusa sports gloves are the budget line of gloves from Hayabusa brand. So, if are on a budget and are happy with the features that allow you to have light workouts or for casual fitness purpose, then this would be a good choice. They may not have all the other advanced features of the high-end models, but they suffice well for beginners.
- Triple-layered padding
- 100% engineered leather
- Good wrist support
- Ultra-soft, breathable inner lining
- Very comfortable
- Ideal for casual use, beginners, or for fitness
- Has all the basic core features.
- Not designed for hard usage.
- Not for professionals
- Glove compartment is small
5. Hayabusa Kanpeki Elite 3.0 Gloves
The Hayabusa Kanpeki Elite 3.0 Gloves are an expensive pair of gloves. But they are worth the price that you pay for. You get an extremely good pair of gloves that is infused with advanced technology and awesome functionality. If you want superior looks and functionality, then these pair of gloves should rank high on your list. Quality wise and looks wise, this one’s a winner!
- Made of 100% genuine, full-grain, drum-dyed leather
- Anti-microbial technology
- Comes with a Deltra-EG Inner Core
- Ergonomic thumb position
- Very unique looking vintage design
- Superior padding
- Small thumb with a tight fit
How We Picked
Even if you are a beginner, trying to train in this combat sport, you should have the right gear. And by right gear we mean, a good pair/pairs of boxing gloves, ankle wraps, Thai pads, heavy bags for training purposes etc. Protection is second to none and one of the biggest mistakes we see a lot of people make is not picking the RIGHT pair of gloves.
Any professional who has been training in MMA and other forms of boxing and martial arts, for many years, understands this. Markets are flooded with different types and brands of gloves and other equipment, most of them are shit quality and dangerous.
When it comes to martial arts equipment, especially gloves, you get what you pay for.
But, this need not be a cause of worry! If you find this a tough task, you can leave the hard work to us. We are here to help you find the best boxing gloves and brands. Our review of the top brands in boxing gloves is definitely going to help you choose.
In this review, we have reviewed many boxing gloves and brands available and have chosen the top pick products for any level of athlete.
Boxing Glove Size Chart
Our Review Process
We are avid MMA fans and our life revolves around MMA and combat sports. We spend hours and hours researching different products. We also check review feedback on these products from Amazon and other online distributors to find out what people really think. We compare notes and speak to other professional boxers and MMA enthusiasts. Only after a meticulous process of comparison and review, we come up with the best products review.
Before we go with the other choice picks of gloves, you gota know the different types of gloves and the factors that have to be kept in mind while choosing a good pair of gloves.
How to differentiate between the different types of gloves?
There are several types of gloves that are manufactured.
Based on the boxing style, the different types of boxing gloves are:
Difference in Gloves
- MMA boxing gloves
- Pure boxing gloves
- Mexican boxing gloves
- Pure Muay Thai gloves
Each category of gloves is designed with specific features to meet the purpose of different types of boxing. While some have thick and heavy padding, others are longer. Some are designed with advanced features with modern inclusive philosophy, like the MMA gloves.
Based on the different training needs, the varieties of boxing gloves are:
- General training gloves – which can be used for all types of training needs like bag work, sparring, pad work etc.
- Heavy bag gloves – which are thicker gloves designed for heavy bags
- Sparring gloves – used specifically for sparring and is at 16 oz.
- Fight gloves– generally used by professionals for fighting. They usually are in size 8 oz. or 10 oz. They give maximum speed and power.
Boxing Gloves Buying Guide
There are many factors that come into play when you have to choose the right pair of gloves for yourself. What is best for some need not be best for others.
This is because everyone’s training or fighting style is different. Secondly, the design and construction of certain gloves suit certain hand types while others do not. Hence, you should always put on a glove and test for how well it fits you.
Some of the factors that you should consider while choosing boxing gloves are:
- Design and Construction
- Advanced Features
Each boxing glove that is manufactured comes with its own style and features. Professional boxers have very stylish and professional boxing gloves. The different brands that manufacture these gloves are producing them in a wide range of colors.
This certainly is the most critical factor. Good padding is essential as it ensures protection. It provides a cushioning against any damage that your ligaments and joints would otherwise absorb. Some gloves come with advanced technology that prevents injury to thumbs and fingers.
Design and construction
After padding, the design and construction of the gloves is a vital element. The essential feature that any good boxing gloves is to absorb as much damage as possible while protecting you.
This also means that the gloves should be constructed in such a way that they can last for a long time. Even after heavy and extended use, a good pair of gloves should last and should not give away.
Advanced technological features
Boxing gloves are now manufactured using some of the advanced technological features that make them stand out from among the other gloves. Features like antibacterial technology, breathable technology, etc. are available in many gloves.
If you are looking for some dry fingers and palms, then we would advise you to check out the different gloves which come with these features.
Top Boxing Gloves Brands
|Venum Contender Boxing Gloves||
|Hayabusa Ikusa Charged Gloves 16 oz.||
|Hayabusa Sport 12oz. Training Gloves||
|Hayabusa Sport 10oz. Training Gloves||
|Hayabusa Kanpeki Elite 3.0 Gloves||
Final Words on the Top Boxing Gloves for the Money
From among the several brands that are available, the Venum and the Hayabusa brands stand out for their great features, especially for beginners in MMA training. With some of the budget friendly versions, these brands bring about some really cool features in the boxing gloves.