• You Are Here
  • Forum Header
  • Wisconsin related combat sports discussion.
bullin82
Grasshopper

Thinking of coming into the life

#15875 1 year, 10 months ago
So ive been pondering the idea now for awhile about starting to get more into the MMA field. I just have no idea where to even start. Ive tryed looking for local or state wide amateur fights to attend or even compete (i do have training just not from civilian sector). If anyone could point me in a direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
MCC
Grasshopper

Re: Thinking of coming into the life

#15885 1 year, 10 months ago
Glad to hear of your interest in MMA. There are a couple of things that would need to be considered before you could compete. Biggest being getting yourself licensed through the state.

In my opinion, you should also find a gym that will assist you in the adventure. Find a coach who understands the ins and outs of how to best guide your future.

Where are you located? There are reputable gyms all accross the state.

I look forward to hearing how it is going for you.

Good Luck!!
Nate
Ninja

#15886 1 year, 10 months ago
First place to start is to join a reputable local gym or move to a city that has one. They will show you the way.
bullin82
Grasshopper

#15897 1 year, 9 months ago
It's been a few days since i was able to get back on here so i appologize for my delay in replying to your info. I have started to train at a local gym called Sparling MMA, they are newer so im sure not heard of as of yet. Moving to a larger city is out of the question due to work and military commitments i have here. I am located in Jefferson WI, kind of a small town but about 30 min from Madison and 45 min from Milwuakee. I understand the license requirments that WI now has and the strain it has put on the MMA community, but i still would like to find my way into the lifestyle. I guess i will continue to train at the gym i am and will check in more often to keep track of any upcoming fights in WI i might be able to attend to watch and someday compete in. Thank you again for your help.
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds
US Combat Sports Facebook US Combat Sports Twitter US Combat Sports YouTube US Combat Sports RSS Feed MMA Recap