• You Are Here
  • Forum Header
  • Discussion on national level combat sports events.
Wikoff145
Grasshopper

Is this thing on?

#15883 1 year, 10 months ago
Does anyone actually work for the Illinois branch of USCOMBAtSPORTS.com/Wicombatsports.com? There are all kinds of things going on in the state, and no one seems to be reporting on it. Kenny Robertson just getting signed to the UFC for a 2nd time against a well known competitor(Aaron Simpson). Fights in Rockford this weekend, XFO, multiple Ammy events every weekend. Is this actually for Illinois or does it just propogate stories from the other "manned" sites? Please someone, anyone step it up!

Matt Wikoff
Wikoff145
Grasshopper

Re: Is this thing on?

#15884 1 year, 10 months ago
Ridiculous
Nate
Ninja

#15887 1 year, 10 months ago
made2collect
Grasshopper

#15890 1 year, 9 months ago
Hi Matt,

I found myself feeling the exact same way recently. As a matter of fact about 5 minutes before I came across your post I emailed the staff of USCS about interest generating a position for myself at this exact capacity. Cross your fingers, because if that were the case I can assure you that Ill do all I can to make sure Illinois MMA is brought to light.

J
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by made2collect.
fightfan7
Grasshopper

#15892 1 year, 9 months ago
J/Matt,

Did you guys ever get a response? There's a lot going on in IL and I want to hear about it.

Pete
made2collect
Grasshopper

#15894 1 year, 9 months ago
I did just get a response email last night that declined generating the position we talked about. Its really too bad because there are, as you said, plenty of upcoming events that I am excited for. As a matter of fact I ran into a friend of mine named Kevin Thomas at the Sharkbite Fights event the other night and we talked about all of the excitement starting to build up in our area. He will be moving back to Illinois from Texas and has a fight in August in the Chicago area and should be a great fight to watch...
Time to create page: 0.88 seconds
US Combat Sports Facebook US Combat Sports Twitter US Combat Sports YouTube US Combat Sports RSS Feed MMA Recap