Sponsorship Position
  • You Are Here
  • Forum Header
  • Discussion on national level combat sports events.
PunchfaceMMA
Grasshopper

Trouble finding fights

#15849 2 years, 2 months ago
I know this is a common problem but I figured I would throw a post up here and see if anyone has any good answers. I have a gym in North Carolina. We are always willing to travel for fights and have gone up to PA as recently as last month. The problem is, we are having a really hard time finding fights for our guys looking to make a pro debut. Fights falling through as been the biggest issue, and we all know that is often out of the promotions hands, but beyond that it is just difficult finding matchups, particularly for our HW/205er looking to debut. We have been looking for a fight for him for more than 6 months and have had no fewer than 4 fall through. I hate to sound like a whiner but man is it frustrating.
KNUXXBrand
Grasshopper

Re: Trouble finding fights

#15893 1 year, 9 months ago
Did your HW find a fight yet? How have you been searching and how far are you willing to travel?

HH
PunchfaceMMA
Grasshopper

Re: Trouble finding fights

#15895 1 year, 9 months ago
He finally made his pro debut in April with a first round win. He is scheduled to fight the last weekend of August at 205, we'll see how that goes. He is walking around at 220 these days so he is in a good spot for 205.

As far as how far we'll travel, as long as it makes sense (ie not lose the whole purse to travel expenses) we'll go anywhere. We've driven 14 hours for fights before and would fly in the right setup.
Time to create page: 1.52 seconds
US Combat Sports Facebook US Combat Sports Twitter US Combat Sports YouTube US Combat Sports RSS Feed MMA Recap