• You Are Here
  • Forum Header
  • Discussion about strength & conditioning, eating & diet, cutting weight, etc. Anything related to health and fitness.
zrsledneck
Warrior

Torn bicep distal tendon

#15344 3 years, 2 months ago
Wondering if anyone was had this injury. Had a multi-pop elbow dislocation about a month ago. Took WAY too long to see my doctor, and after an MRI today, I find out that I need surgery ASAP (Wedensday). A cadaver tendon will be replacing the old one. I feel sick, mostly because I'll have to miss lots of work ( and lots of BJJ classes). Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this surgery... What was recovery like? How strong is the arm now? Any complications?

Thanks

Jay
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by zrsledneck.
zrsledneck
Warrior

Re: Torn bicep distal tendon

#15348 3 years, 2 months ago
Wow, no takers? Thought for sure that someone would have been through this. Anyway, since I'm going through it, I'll give updates so the next guy with this knows what to expect. The surgery went well, but took twice as long as expected. Got out of the hospital at about 6 last night. The block (numbing) on my left arm wore off at about 3 am. Then the pain set in. No sleep and lots of discomfort. The pain pills cut the pain, but not enough for me to sleep. I hope tonight will be better, as the swelling goes down. My arm has a half cast (plaster) on the back to keep me from moving and the whole thing is wrapped with gauze and an ace from fingers to shoulder. I go in a couple days to have the wounds checked. I'll see if I can get a pic.

Any questions, let me know.
Time to create page: 0.99 seconds
US Combat Sports Facebook US Combat Sports Twitter US Combat Sports YouTube US Combat Sports RSS Feed MMA Recap