• You Are Here
  • Forum Header
  • Discussion about strength & conditioning, eating & diet, cutting weight, etc. Anything related to health and fitness.
robnoxious1978

Re: Caffeine B4 Training??

#15225 3 years, 4 months ago
I have been known to take a 5 hr energy shot before training. I can't say I really notice an improvement in my game, because at my level of competition/training mat time is more important than anything. But, that being said, driving an hour before training makes me really tired. So a little shot gives me a little pick me up. Caffeine, can have nasty side effects, in large doses. Also, addiction is an issue in long-term use. as far as the person having a heart attack, I'd be willing to bet there was an underlying heart problem whether he knew it or not.
zrsledneck
Warrior

#15226 3 years, 4 months ago
I try to stay away from blatant advertising. I usually rely on university studies, or government sponsored stuff. I still can’t find the one I was talking about, but here is one with good info (though it doesn’t cite sources, either) www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/caffeine.html. Maybe it can spark some additional discussion.

Anyway, this is a good topic. It’s nice to have some dialog and debate going on here that is civil.
Weisensel
Grasshopper

#15309 3 years, 3 months ago
I've noticed over the last month or so when I do have caffeine before training I almost always want to throw up on the way out the door. It may just be my personal chemical make up but it doesn't seem to help, and I do drink a lot of coffee from the time I wake up till about lunch time.
JKlipp17
Warrior

#15311 3 years, 3 months ago
i used to use NOXplode and some other energy supplements when i was heavy into lifting. i noticed it helped for lifting workouts, but the one time i tried it before a jitz class it totally sapped me. i think the fact that you can rest between sets is why the caffeine worked so well during lifting, but its a vasoconstrictor. it might perk you up mentally and make you feel like you have more energy, but its making your heart have to work that much harder to pump blood. im against it for anything you need stamina for, like grappling.
Steve Jorgensen
Warrior
Check out www.sjnutrition.net!!!

#15386 3 years, 1 month ago
Caffeine before might help wake you up, but I think it would dehydrate you before you compete.However caffeine is great for burning fat. so it has advantages and disadvantages. it depends on how your body takes it.
laurahill
Grasshopper

#15630 2 years, 8 months ago
I never take caffeine..Actually caffeine is not good for health..It is very addictive and excessive amount of caffeine causes heart problem.
Time to create page: 1.04 seconds
US Combat Sports Facebook US Combat Sports Twitter US Combat Sports YouTube US Combat Sports RSS Feed MMA Recap